1. Design systems and components for new and updated chassis projects, considering function, cost, manufacturing, assembly and quality.
2. Produce good quality 3D CAD models using Pro-Engineer.
3. Produce good quality 2D engineering drawings.
4. Follow and help maintain design, operational and quality procedures.
5. Produce supporting documentation for designs, as required.
6. Liaise with internal departments such as, Sourcing, Manufacturing, Quality and Assembly.
7. Liaise with outside suppliers.
8. Design components and systems to comply with regulatory requirements where needed.
9. Have a good understanding of the application of some regulatory requirements for motorcycles.
10. Manage their own time and workload effectively.
11. Create and manage timing plans for their areas of responsibility.
12. Manage any CAD Designers or contractors allocated to help with creating CAD models.
13. Provide engineering guidance to other team members.
14. Represent the design team in interdepartmental meetings in the absence of the team leader
● Qualified to degree level or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline.
● Proficient in 3D CAD, preferably Pro-engineer.
● Past experience in engineering design of components and sub-assemblies.
● Good knowledge of manufacturing processes.
● Experience of creating and releasing 2D technical drawings.
● Understanding of geometric tolerances on 2D drawings.
● Good understanding of motorcycle chassis layout and construction.
● Practical experience of vehicle maintenance and preparation is advantageous.
● Some experience in designing to Regulatory requirements as applied to motorcycles.
● Should be able to demonstrate good time management and excellent knowledge of engineering fundamentals.
● Good understanding of the design requirements for mass production manufacturing.
● Good technical comprehension of at least some areas of chassis layout, design & development.
● Past experience in analysis and optimisation of components and sub-assemblies preferred.