Test & Development Engineer
We are looking to recruit a Development Engineer to work in the Environmental Test department at our market leading customer in North West London. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in test engineering including report writing, within a high tech sector such as Aerospace, Automotive, Defence or a related complex mechanical engineering environment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for producing test procedures, assessing the criteria against which success shall be measured and requirements being met. You will generate credible and substantive evidence to demonstrate compliance with the environmental requirements of customer specifications. Producing detailed, precise and technical test reports to present the results, analysis and technical discussion in order to obtain customer approval.
– Conduct and supervise product testing.
– Evaluate post test data, through reduction analysis and interpretation of instrumentation data and
develop analysis tools.
– Preparation of Test Procedure, plans and schedules to include test facility selection and oversight,
test design and fixture development
– Prepare and issue Test Reports for review and approval by customers
– Conduct detailed analysis of any failure encountered during Test.
– Provide advice to customers, government authorities and suppliers on technical matters related to Testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
Broad experience in conducting successful environmental tests and producing reports and technical data.
Familiarity of Military and civilian test standards including MIL-STD-810, RTCA DO-160 & Defence Standard 00-970.
Highly developed communication skills: able to communicate verbally, in presentation format and in writing at senior level; able to develop links with other technical specialists within the business.
In depth knowledge of Test and Measurement Instrumentation. Knowledge of signal processing and analysis.
Knowledge of Vibration and Climatic test techniques and systems.
Extensive data analysis skills.
Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint tools.