Senior Manufacturing Engineer
We are looking to recruit a Senior Manufacturing Engineer with a blend of hands-on engineering (milling, turning, workshop & prototype build) and design / development experience to join our engineering client in Leicestershire. Working as part of the operations team, you will be responsible for leading the development of product manufacture, assembly equipment and process capabilities.
- Design, manufacture, build and testing of component handling, assembly and inspection equipment, including characterisation of new process capabilities.
- Design, manufacture and testing of prototype components and characterisation of their handling and assembly attributes.
- Working closely with the Research & Product Development Department and Supply Chain to embed design for excellence into component, sub-system and assembly designs, phased for low to high volume production requirements.
- Generation of visual and digital models (SolidWorks) for current and future assembly process, equipment and facility plans.
- Provision of manufacturing engineering expertise for equipment and component supplier selections. Engagement and management of suppliers for on time and to specification delivery with particular focus on automated assembly equipment provision and acceptance testing.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Substantial relevant industrial experience. This should include, toolmaking / precision engineering, component design & manufacture with CNC milling and turning, CAD-CAM with 3D modelling.
- You will have a track record of leading development and delivery of semi-automated and automated assembly equipment and processes. This will include demonstrable skills in manufacturing, build, testing and validation of solutions within an evolving and progressive industry.